Thinking Beyond Borders is a growing community committed to changing the world by translating learning into action. Our gap year programs abroad are designed for students to explore international development through global service learning and academic study.
To empower and inspire students through education to address critical global issues.
- We are living in an increasingly global society.
- Our global society faces immense challenges.
- The challenges of poverty, environmental destruction, public health, and social oppression create serious conflicts around the world.
- Facing these serious conflicts, individuals often feel ill-equipped to create proactive change.
- Proactive change is action through dynamic understanding of communities and global issues.
- Dynamic understanding begins with education that engages communities through experiential learning and critical thought.
- Thinking Beyond Borders is a powerful educational opportunity that benefits the global society.
WITH THINKING BEYOND BORDERS
- Education is purposeful.
- Identifying personal relationships with global issues is critical for meaningful conclusions.
- The reciprocal relationship between the student and teacher allows each to learn and to build new conclusions.
- “Understanding” is a continuous process of experiencing, learning, and reflecting.
- The product of education is a skilled learner, not memorized information.
- Critical thought and experiential learning develop dynamic understanding and an informed worldview.
- Education is purposeful when translated into action.