About Thinking Beyond Borders
Thinking Beyond Borders is a 501c3 educational non-profit. Our mission is to empower and inspire students through education to address critical global issues. As committed educators
, we design and lead international educational programs for students to prepare for a lifetime of commitment to creating meaningful social impact. Our gap year programs
represent the cutting edge of study abroad for students in the college transition. In this video of Founder & CEO Robin Pendoley explains TBB’s Theory of Change and debuts the early results of our first impact assessment.
- We are living in an increasingly global society.
- Our global society faces immense challenges.
- The challenges of poverty, environmental destruction, public health, and social oppression create serious conflicts around the world.
- Facing these serious conflicts, individuals often feel ill-equipped to create proactive change.
- Proactive change is action through dynamic understanding of communities and global issues.
- Dynamic understanding begins with education that engages communities through experiential learning and critical thought.
- Thinking Beyond Borders is a powerful educational opportunity that benefits the global society.
With Thinking Beyond Borders
- Education is purposeful.
- Identifying personal relationships with global issues is critical for meaningful conclusions.
- The reciprocal relationship between the student and teacher allows each to learn and to build new conclusions.
- “Understanding” is a continuous process of experiencing, learning, and reflecting.
- The product of education is a skilled learner, not memorized information.
- Critical thought and experiential learning develop dynamic understanding and an informed worldview.
- Education is purposeful when translated into action.
To learn more about Thinking Beyond Borders’ gap year programs, philosophy, and work in international education, please see our blog.